Time for updates!
8 months ago
– Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 11:13:38 AM
It's been a while since we've been in touch, and there's a lot of water under the bridge. That's why we are here to update you on what is happening these days.
Unfortunately, many of you are not part of our discord server and that is why you were not able to read the announcement we made a while ago (https://discord.com/channels/937030940243415111/983728946187227177/1116387950826094592), that's why we quote it here:
"Hello everyone ,
We hope you are all doing well. Today we would like to share with you an important update regarding our main project: Constructo - Dungeons Builder.
Over the past few months we have been working hard to develop Constructo, but unfortunately we have come to a point where we are facing some unexpected difficulties. The development process has turned out to be more complex than we anticipated, requiring more time and resources than we initially thought. We have done everything we can to overcome the obstacles we encountered along the way, but the reality is that the development time has lengthened considerably.
This has led us to a difficult reflection on our financial prospects and the future of the company. Along with the development time, the time required to reach the monetization stage has also lengthened, risking our very existence in the marketplace. Your trust and support have been crucial to our journey, and we want to do everything we can to honor the commitments we have made to you.
To deal with this complex situation, we have decided to take a creative approach. We have resumed work on an old prototype video game of ours, which we believe still has great potential in the current market. We will devote resources (our time) to this project in order to bring it to market and generate revenue. Revenue that will be crucial to further finance the development of Constructo and to preserve our original vision.
At the same time, we recognize the need to access additional resources to help develop Constructo. Therefore, we have been considering the possibility of divesting a small percentage of our company to professional lenders. In recent weeks we have been moving in this direction, beginning to make contacts with companies.
It is important to emphasize that both decisions were not taken lightly. We know that you have invested your money and your trust in us, and we deeply apologize if these choices will mean a pause for Constructo. Please understand that we are doing everything we can to preserve the future of our main project and, consequently, your own trust in us.
We want to assure you that our commitment to Constructo remains firm. We are determined to overcome these difficulties and deliver to you a product that lives up to your expectations. Your patience and support at this critical time is critical to our future success. We know we may fail, but the desire to give you what we have promised drives us forward.
To show you the goodness behind every action we take, and to apologize further for the problems we are communicating to you with this announcement, we have decided to go further. As mentioned in the past, we are on very good terms with the team at RPG Stories 3D World-Builder VTT (https://www.rpgstories.net/), and after getting in touch with them we were able to reach to an agreement. Our backers will be given keys to their early access phase so that they can enjoy their product and all upcoming updates 100% for free. In this way we want to provide you with the ability to continue using a World-Builder/VTT for your gaming sessions. We only need some time to handle this arrangement internally, so we expect and promise to have you receive the keys by RPG Stories' Team in approximately the first week of July. You will receive an email from [email protected] with your free key and with instructions on how install and use the software."
The collaboration has already started.
Your RPG Stories Keys have been sent via email on Friday, July 7th. You should check your spam email as well. In case you haven't received your key yet, contact RPG Stories team at [email protected] to resent it. You can also join their discord server and talk with the devs and the mods, if you have any questions, and they will help you any time: https://discord.gg/ARVK4XHyzY
Before we leave, we want to insist that this was not a decision taken lightly and that we will do everything we can to overcome this difficult time. We thank you in advance for your support.
Constructo Alpha: a new version is waiting for you! 0.3.0
11 months ago
– Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 09:30:31 AM
Hey masters and players,
how is it going with Constructo? Are you finding the very rare bugs present on the Alpha? 🤥😂
In case you don't find any, rest assured because version 0.3.0 of Constructo - Dungeons Builder has been released!
But let's see now what has been improved/added 💪
Thanks to the new version, 0.3.0, you will have a much larger terrain (about 16 times 😎) to put all your creativity into action!
In addition, the paint texture and object functions have been rehabilitated, and both expanded in their content. The new terrain has been optimized in every aspect, so we do not expect high performance impacts given its new size, but we are still in Alpha, so expect everything 😛
Also, other changes that do not directly affect the terrain have been integrated in this version, such as the camera movement, which has been made more fluid, or like the brand new underwater effect that will allow you to unleash the bloodiest battles in the depths!
We also managed to integrate changes to the overall lighting making the gaming experience more pleasant.
We wish you good hours spent on Constructo,
talk to you soon to update you on our plans regarding upcoming work!!! 😘
All backers with access to the Alpha can download it at the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y2rAXREiAz1uhp1ZKkNV0KzfRnBpnuc9
Alpha 0.2.0 is now available!
12 months ago
– Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 04:02:25 AM
we want to sincerely thank you for patiently waiting for the new version of our software. We are thrilled to announce that the new release is now available for download!
Your support and patience have been invaluable to us. Without your constant trust and interest, we wouldn't have been able to work with the same motivation and dedication. We are proud to offer a product that is even more complete and satisfying for your needs.
Below you will find the Changelog containing information about added features, improvements made, and bugs already known to the developers.
Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your loyalty and support. We are ready to continue working hard to meet your expectations and to offer you the best possible service.
Unfortunately, itch.io has a limit for the weight of the uploaded builds, so as a temporary solution we provide the following link drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y2rAXREiAz1uhp1ZKkNV0KzfRnBpnuc9?usp=sharing
Inside you will find the Windows and Mac builds (The one on the Mac is still loading so it may not be viewable immediately), while the Linux version will arrive in the following days.
Please delete any old version
We eagerly await your opinions and of course your creations 💪
PLS Team ❤️
Changelog (version 0.2.0)
- The pointing system has been entirely updated to allow you to be much more accurate during the building phase. With the “Magneto” option active, objects will follow the surface's direction, “sticking” to them!
- Added support for window/fullscreen mode (If app starts in windowed mode and the fullscreen toggle is on, turn it off and on again and it will works)
- Improved the networking system to be faster and more stable, as we noticed that in case of weak connection some objects were not loading properly
- Graphical restyle of gizmos and improved their general behavior, especially on miniatures (Note: feature currently disabled for players)
- We noticed that during the construction phase some objects could end up under the ground by mistake, making it impossible to select them in the future. For this reason we added a special effect to them to make them easily detectable. It is not its main use, but if you want you can also use it to hide objects from players
- Fixed an annoying bug that automatically moved objects as soon as they were selected
- Implemented the undo/redo system. Unfortunately still not working on copy and when inserting a new object into the scene
- The save system has been updated to make it faster and more reliable. This change is not backward compatible, so the saves you have made to date can no longer be used. Sorry but it is for a better future 😜
- Graphical hints (pictures) have been added to help you during the construction phase
- Multi-selection has been integrated, which allows you to select one or more objects. Such selection can be: rotated, copied, deleted. You can also use gizmos to interact on the multi-selection and add or remove objects to it
- Improved usability of the UI in general. We mention in particular the improvement of input field management during registration/login, adding management of the more classic hotkeys (tab, enter)
- It is now possible to create groups of objects, a very convenient feature to create your own group to use immediately at any time. Groups will in the future be shareable on the marketplace
- Introduction of chat to communicate in game
- Now the result of the dice roll will be calculated automatically by the system and shown on the chat
- The custom model import system is almost 100% ready, but will not be available in this version. Once it is integrated you will be able to import your custom models.
- The new import system is designed to automatically fit HeroForge models as well. Therefore, as soon as we finish the work necessary to link the Hero Forge account to Constructo, you will easily be able to integrate their miniatures. We remind you in addition that when you will do so you will receive 5 fantastic miniatures for free
- Thanks to the update of almost all the code written up to the first day of the Alpha release, it is much easier for us to add new assets to our collection. Thanks to this we have introduced new models, some of them are sci-fi
- Many other small changes useful to improve the user experience overall at every stage
- UI has been partly revolutionized to allow moving/customizing by the player
We wish we could have taken more days to fix all the boring bugs, but we know how eager you are to try the new version!
- Some of the construction objects do not show their preview in the menu. Hovering the mouse over them will show the name. The more reports you send us, the sooner we will fix all objects :)
- The group creation window, when opened, generates a preview. At the moment this may cause a momentary freeze, just wait a few seconds and it will work again.
- Terrain functionality has been limited, as we are revolutionizing the management, to provide a better experience.
- Quick room creation has been disabled for the same reason.
- Graphical assets are not totally optimized. You may experience performance drops during use, especially with the Sci-Fi category.
- When copying a multiple selection, sometimes the copied objects are not placed correctly.
- Players controls are limited. At present, they can participate in the game as "spectators" mostly
- Sometimes loading the map freezes the program. Fortunately, just close and reopen and the problem is solved.
- Sometimes copying an object results in a bright purple color.
After this massive release, we plan to change release modes for the future, introducing more content/gradual releases but more frequently.
For the next releases we will particularly focus on:
- Italian localization
- Remapping controls
- Terrain tools
- Restoring disabled features
- Fix reports/bugs
- Performance optimizations
- Improved light management
And much more…stay with us! 🧙♂️
Alpha is here!
about 1 year ago
– Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 09:49:49 AM
How are you all doing today? Well in case your day wasn't great, here's some good news that might make it better!
With this update we inform you that the Constructo Alpha is online and you can easily download it at the following link: Alpha Download.
All instructions and keys to access the Alpha version will be automatically distributed via email once you fill out the BackerKit survey (more info here)
Remember to post your creations on our Discord server!
Here are some screen shots of what some users have built with Constructo - Dungeons Builder
Playloop Studios Team
BackerKit surveys need you!
over 1 year ago
– Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 12:55:37 PM
this update is aimed at all those backers who have not yet filled out the survey sent through BackerKit.
It’s important to respond to your survey as quickly as you can since we need this information to fulfill your rewards. Also, after filling out the survey, you will receive a code to get the correct role on our Discord server.
Filling out the survey is quick and easy, you don’t need to create a BackerKit account to fill out your survey. Open the email and click the survey link to respond. Answer the questions about your reward preferences, provide shipping information, and purchase add-on items if you like.
After you respond to your survey, you can go back later and change your responses at any time before we close the surveys and get our final counts.
If you need to review your information or pledge status, you can return to your survey by clicking the link in your survey email or requesting your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page at https://constructo.backerkit.com.
If you used your Facebook credentials to log in to your Kickstarter account, the BackerKit survey is sent to the email address you use for your Facebook account. If you have another email address that you prefer to use, please contact support at https://constructo.backerkit.com/faq.
Playloop Studios Team